Please feel free to leave thoughts and comments. I would like to know what you think.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

To Save a Town 1

"I'm sorry, Corin." she whispered, sending a telepathic burst of regret to him as she hit him on back of the head. She caught him as he slumped to the ground, lowering him gently. He would never forgive her for this; but it couldn't be helped. She couldn't let a whole town be punished for something it hadn't even known it had done.

"Soroya!" their friend Mark cried in a whisper, "What are you doing?!" He knelt to check her brother's pulse.

"Mark, I need you to stay here with him." she answered. "I'm going to turn myself in."

"What?! Are you crazy?!" Mark replied, almost shouting, as he stood and faced her. "They'll send you to the camps, if they don't kill you."

"Mark," she said, grasping his shoulders. "listen to me. I am aware of what will happen, but I can't let all those people suffer for something they haven't technically done. Nothing you can say will change my mind. I'm going to tell them that Corin is dead. I know it will be hard, but you cannot let him come after me. He has to stay free. He is more important than he knows. Do you understand? He cannot be captured too."

Mark, who had been looking at her in the beginning, glanced away when she asked if he understood. He stared at her brother for a minute, and then sighed. "Yes. I understand."

"Thank you." she whispered as she wrapped him in a hug. He returned it and it lasted for a few seconds. Then, she pulled away and stepped back. She gave him a small smile and then pushed into the air, topping the buildings surrounding them in a matter of seconds.

Mark watched her fly, and then sat down beside the unconscious Corin. He was going to be infuriated when he woke up. How did she expect him, a mere human, to hold back someone who was essentially Superman?

No comments:

Post a Comment