Please feel free to leave thoughts and comments. I would like to know what you think.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Proposal


The Sarcastic Muse: The Sarcastic Muse
Her hands flew up and covered her her open mouth as a small gasped escaped. After a moment she lifted her astonished eyes to meet mine.

"Are you serious?" she whispered from behind her hands. Then, with a little more volume, she added, "Please tell me you're serious. I'll kill you if your not."

"I know you would." I replied, "and I am perfectly serious. No joking here."

She glanced down at my hands again. She stared quietly at the object in them as a tear rolled down her cheek.

I broke the silence, "You know, it's customary to answer a question when it's asked. Also, not to rush you or anything, my knees are starting to hurt."

Still staring, she asked, "What was the question again?"

I smirked and repeated the question "Will you marry me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment